Thursday, 15 January 2009

It's *tweeting* cold today

...but still vital to get the Liberal Democrat vote out for David Schmitz in Seven Sisters ward, Haringey.

I was telling again at the by-election today (recording voters' polling numbers outside the polling station).

This involved standing (well, hopping up and down) in the cold for a few hours with tellers from the other parties.

During quiet patches, it was good to chat about politics, current affairs and thermal socks! I had an interesting discussion with the teller from the Greens, about today's Government go-ahead for a third runway at Heathrow. And as always happens when I'm telling at Haringey by-elections, people from all parties praised Liberal Democrat MP Lynne Featherstone for her tireless campaigning.

Just then, who should turn up to collect my telling slips but Lynne herself - and she was warmly greeted by all.

I hadn't seen her since she was appointed Chair of the party's new Technology Board so I took the chance to congratulate her and nab her for a quick photo. Before she dashed off to do some more campaigning, Lynne and I agreed we'd both be tweeting about today's election.

Polls are open till 10pm and then I'm off to the count - I'll tweet the result from there, as it's announced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did anybody see David Lammy's strop at the count?