Monday, 20 July 2009

Chocolate, 70s nostalgia & avuncular humour

Treets are back!
 
I used to buy them with my pocket money.
 
They were the 70s forerunner to M&Ms and inspired an uncle to tell the following awful/brilliant joke, long after they'd stopped making them. (I don't think he'd realised).
 
Anyhoo, drumroll please...
 
"Once I got a peanut stuck in my ear, so I poured in some chocolate and it came out a Treet."
 
Best bit was the baffled audience. Now it's my turn to be baffled, as I've found Treets in a stub on Wikipedia:
 
http://bit.ly/xdaxf

Posted via email from Helen Duffett's posterous

2 comments:

Mark Reckons said...

That's fantastic news!

Where can I get them from?

Helen Duffett said...

I found them in Sainsbury's. I don't know if anyone else stocks them.

Still lamenting the demise of the "Nutty" bar - wish they'd bring that back, too.